Following government guidelines we will sadily be temporarily closing the centre from Thursday 5th November. As things are changing all the time please stay connected via the centre’s website or Facebook page and we look forward to welcoming you back to the centre as soon as we are allowed to re-open.
We will be offering online exercise classes bookable via the standard ‘Classes’ page on the website and accessed via a Zoom link.
We would like to assure you that our priority to put the health and wellbeing of our community, members, and staff first. We would like your visits to continue to be positive and enjoyable whilst working within the government and other sporting body guidelines. This means that there will be changes that ensures your safety. This includes rearrangement of the gym by expanding into other areas of the centre. There will be an enhanced cleaning regime including the use of hand sanitisers, and cleaning materials will be available enabling you to wipe the equipment down before and after use.
What measures are we asking you to take before coming down to WSCC to minimise risk
- Monitor yourself for covid-19 symptoms and check to see if your temperature exceeds 37.8
- Stay at home if you feel unwell.
- We will be operating a booking system. All sessions including Gym slots, Fitness Classes, Football, Tennis and Netball must be booked and paid for in advance, online.
- Come ready dressed to exercise. Changing rooms and lockers will be unavailable.
- Bring your own towel, fitness mat if required and water bottle already filled ready to drink. WSCC will not be providing a water filling station.
- Check for changes or cancellations on our Facebook page.
- Wash your hands before visiting the centre.
What measures should you take during a work-out or in an exercise class.
- Use the hand sanitiser units available throughout the centre before, during and after exercising.
- If possible, carry around your own personal hand sanitiser.
- Use your own towel as a barrier e.g. place on the seat or bench of the piece of equipment you are using. Please note we will not be providing mats.
- Wipe down any equipment you use with disinfectant provided before and after each use.
- Please be considerate to other users when using the equipment and moving around the centre. Please keep to the two-metre distancing rule.
What measures should you take after a work-out or exercise class.
- Sanitise your hands using the units around the centre.
- Please leave the building promptly after your session to allow WSCC staff to clean.
Changes you can expect to see around WSCC
- A one-way system shown by the arrows on the floor.
- Separate entry and exit doors (Main door used to enter the centre – Fire exit door at the bottom of the staircase from the spin studio to exit)
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitising of the centre.
- Posters and banners are clearly displayed as reminders of our guidance policy.
- Changing rooms, shower and locker areas will be closed.
- All users should come ready dressed to exercise.
- Toilet access will be one person at a time for gym and class participants.
- Hand Sanitiser units placed throughout the centre.
- Everyone must pre-book a visit to the centre to use any of its facilities. The information recorded is for the purpose of the NHS ‘track & trace’ service and to inform you of any cancellations or changes to the centre on the day of your visit.
- All bookings and payments must be made online through our website. No cash payments will be accepted.
- Temperature checks on all persons entering the centre and before fitness classes will be carried out as an extra precaution.
- All soft furnishings and other equipment that is deemed unsafe or is hard to clean will be clearly labelled ‘Do Not Use’.
- Email email@example.com to request a loyalty card or more information about our membership options, member of staff will then contact. Please DO NOT turn up at the WSCC centre without prior arrangement.
- There will be a restriction on the number of people attending the centre for all fitness classes and gym sessions.
- Our opening hours will initially be varied until such time we can open fully.
Group Fitness Exercise Classes – What should you expect?
- Temperature Checks will be carried out on all participants by WSCC staff.
- All classes (including spin) will be downstairs in the 2 function rooms.
- Entry to classes will be from the door to the side of the centre next to the astro pitch.
- To start there will a limited number of classes and participants to ensure your safety.
- Classes may be shortened in time to allow staff to clean between sessions.
- All fitness class attendees need to bring along their own mat if required.
- WSCC staff or instructor will set up stations to ensure social distancing is kept.
- Classes will be timetabled separately from gym bookings.
- Please ensure you come ready for your class as changing rooms remain closed.
- Bring along your own towel, fitness mat if required and water bottle fully filled. Our water fountain remains out of use until further notice.
- Social distancing areas will clearly be marked on the floor. We ask that you follow any instructions and respect other users.
- Class timetables will be displayed and kept up to date on our website.
- Overall, WSCC will try to reduce as much as possible touching of unnecessary equipment.
- All classes must be booked and paid for online, in advance. The information recorded is for the purpose of the NHS ‘track & trace’ service and to inform you of any cancellations or changes to the centre on the day of your visit.
- Please arrive promptly for your class. To ensure the safety of all WSCC users and staff, there will be no entry to the centre five minutes after the start of your class. Please note, there will be no refunds for classes that are missed.
Upstairs Gym Area – What should you expect?
- Temperature Checks on all persons using this area will be carried out by WSCC staff.
- WSCC will provide each person who attends the gym with their own sanitiser bottle to clean down the equipment before and after their use. This is to be returned upon leaving the building,
- Gym slots must be booked and paid for online, in advance. Gym time slots are for 1 hour.
The information recorded is for the purpose of the NHS ‘track & trace’ service and to inform you of any cancellations or changes to the centre on the day of your visit.
- A maximum number of 12 users will be permitted this area at any time. This will be continuously reviewed by WSCC staff and trustees.
- Directional arrows will be marked on the floor to account for social distancing and to allow a one-way walk system through the centre.
- Equipment not in use will be clearly marked.
- Partial elements to the Rig System’ can be used.
- Entry for the gym will be through the downstairs lobby area and up the staircase. Exit will be through the spin studio, down the staircase and out through the single door clearly marked.
- Fitness Instructors and Personal Trainers will no longer be able to make physical contact to correct or adjust posture.
- All Gym users MUST bring their own towels, fitness mat if required and water bottle already filled. WSCC will not be providing water filling stations until such time that allows this.
- If the lift is required, you must indicate this at the time of booking your slot.
- Please arrive promptly for your allocated Gym slot. To ensure the safety of all WSCC users and staff, there will be no entry to the centre five minutes after the start of the allocated time slot. Please note, there will be no refunds for slots that are missed.
Football Tennis and Netball Use:
- The individual or a club representative will be responsible to ensure all policy and guidelines are followed. This includes knowing the contact information of everyone in the group for ‘Track & Trace’ purposes.
- All users must book online using the centres website booking facility. The information recorded is for the purpose of the NHS ‘track & trace’ service and to inform you of any cancellations or changes to the centre on the day of your visit.
- Payment must be made at time of booking.
- Please do not come into the centre when you arrive, a member of WSCC staff will meet you outside at your allocated time booked.
- There will be an entry and exit point clearly marked on the courts.
- If equipment needs to be changed over or taken down e.g. tennis nets or football goals, a member of WSCC staff will do this on request.
- WSCC will not provide any equipment other than what is already set up on the areas. Items such as balls, racquets, bibs, and pumps will not be provided under any circumstance.
- We are currently unable to provide toilet facilities for outdoor users.
- All hirers will be expected to take home all litter and ensure the area is left tidy after use.
- WSCC staff will ensure gated door handles and other surfaces are wiped and ready before and after each session.